Johnny Cash – The Man Comes Around
R.E.M. – It’s the End of the World as we Know It
Paulinho Moska – O Último Dia (The Last Day)
The song is in Portuguese, but the pictures tell the story.
My love, if you were given just one more day, what would you do? Would you…?
San Andreas Trailer, 2015
Noah Trailer, 2014
Armageddon Trailer, 1998
Asteroid Trailer, 1997
Dante’s Peak Trailer, 1997
Backdraft Trailer, 1991
Perfect Storm Trailer, 2000
Twister Trailer, 1996
Rainbow Six Novel, 1998
My favorite disaster based novel, no movie yet. Must read!
There aren’t many good videos on Ohio bike paths. I guess I’m going to have to make one.
Beaches, bikes and bridges: Ohio State engages expert teams to re-imagine Olentangy River Corridor, December 2017
Joseph Haydn 22nd Symphony, written in 1764, performed in 2014 by Orchestra UniMi in Vicenza, Italy, played right now on-demand with the internet since 1991
Click here for all Nate TV episodes.
1. Fusion Explained in a Nutshell by Kurzgesagt
2. JET, Joint European Torus, largest magnetic confinement fusion reactor.
- JET is the current record holder for controlled fusion energy production by most measures. The record was set in 1997. See video.
- Located in Oxfordshire, UK.
- Annual budget 2014-2018 = 145.6 million euros ~ $175 million per year. Source.
- Video is from 2014.
3. National Ignition Facility, was the largest effort at inertial based fusion.
- The fusion ignition effort ended in April 2014, but is still one HUGE laser. Do not point this laser at your eye.
- Located in California, USA.
- NIF total cost was ~$3.5 billion. Source.
- Video is from 2009.
4. More References
ITER will be a larger version of JET
LPPFusion is a large current private attempt at fusion
Click here to search fusion on this site.
The Blockchain in Society, We’ve Stopped Trusting Institutions and Started Trusting Strangers, Rachel Botsman on TED, June 2016
Blockchain in Pop Culture, Lovesong for Satoshi Nakamoto Whitepaper by “Bitcoin Girl” Naomi Brockwell, November 2015
My Personal Conclusion on Cryptocurrency (For Now)
The idea behind Bitcoin is that you do not have to trust banking institutions. The transactions are verified by the technology / other users. I researched signing up for Bitcoin, and decided not to. The problem I found was in order to access the blockchain and “own” Bitcoin, you need a computer program to do it. The computer program is written by a coder and I am not going to take the time to understand the code. Therefore, instead of trusting an institution, I am trusting the coder who is the middleman who wrote the code. I actually trust both the banks and the coders (with a little research), but I do not have a reason to switch. The only advantage I see is that there is no tax trail, but I am not paying taxes on these transactions anyway. I don’t need a brand new currency in my life. Sticking with PayPal, Venmo, TransferWise, and dollars, for now!