1. Fusion Explained in a Nutshell by Kurzgesagt
2. JET, Joint European Torus, largest magnetic confinement fusion reactor.
- JET is the current record holder for controlled fusion energy production by most measures. The record was set in 1997. See video.
- Located in Oxfordshire, UK.
- Annual budget 2014-2018 = 145.6 million euros ~ $175 million per year. Source.
- Video is from 2014.
3. National Ignition Facility, was the largest effort at inertial based fusion.
- The fusion ignition effort ended in April 2014, but is still one HUGE laser. Do not point this laser at your eye.
- Located in California, USA.
- NIF total cost was ~$3.5 billion. Source.
- Video is from 2009.
4. More References
ITER will be a larger version of JET
LPPFusion is a large current private attempt at fusion