The mission of Time v3 Technology is to promote better implementation of existing technology with brilliance at the basics because less is more in technology.
While most modern electronics malfunctions and damage are difficult or impossible to repair, the right tools and know-how make some repairs worthwhile.
- Watch battery replacement.
- Maintenance and repair of select mechanical watches.
- Screen replacement for select smartphones.
As retail moves online, especially for electronics, consumers often lack basic information required to make a purchase among the myriad options. This is especially true when ordering accessories, customizing, or replacing parts. Good accessories can transform tech from useless to – useful.
- Answer common consumer questions in blog post format to maintain online presence and streamline support.
- Online conferencing audio equipment consultation for businesses.
- Home audio equipment consultation. For example, parents enabling effective online classes for their kids, to include music lessons.
Zero to Hero Tech Concepts Education
Everyday tech remains a mystery to most people. Most people are starting at zero. Even if schools taught tech effectively, much of the tech did not exist when today’s adult generations were in school. The underlying concepts are both unbelievably simple and usually apply to a wide range of consumer products even if the products look very different. The underlying concepts behind modern technology are life education worth investing in. Plus, as users we are so familiar with everyday tech, it can be fun to see how it works.
1. Audio technology.
2. The internet. What the internet is physically. Demonstrate how we are communicating electronically from physical buildings to underwater cables to server software to web browsers. OstranderNet!
(Currently a draft post, more than half complete)
3. “Ownership and renting” on the internet. How the internet can be owned or rented just like real estate and how ownership is important on the internet just like in real estate. Vimeo versus YouTube, Linux versus Windows, domains and websites versus social media.
4. Software selection. Software is made by people who are paid to control how consumers interact with computers and each other. Understanding underlying business motivations of software creators can help you select software that works for you.
5. Home electric power. Electric power is a staple in the modern home. Simple demonstrations of what electric power is, where it comes from, and how it actually does things.
From Tesla versus Westinghouse/Edison to transformers to the AC waveform on an oscilloscope to watts and watt-hours to your circuit breaker box.
6. Data encryption. How can two computers send a message that can only be read by the two participants even if a hacker can see all of the traffic? OstranderNet.
7. Batteries. From lithium ion to lithium ion to lithium ion, performance measures and how batteries drive modern tech.
8. Tech basics of digital cameras. Electrical engineers are often into photography because digital cameras nerdize art.
9. General tech consumer:
- Time v3 Clock
- Phone corral / “smartphones to home phone converter”.
- Chess board integrated into computer
- Chess board modification to Bluetooth
- Gaming headset to standard audio adapter
- Time v2 graphic clock
- Game timer
- Registered w state? per Jeff?